Here’s the rest of the family

To finish off one mighty chapter of lasts years side project. Enjoy! (now let’s look to the future!)



Picture of final 'Absol Y' version (w/corrections)

Final ‘Absol Y’ Version (w/corrections)

Looking back I noticed lines of detail we’re missing on Absol’s feet so here’s the correct, final and most beautiful version of my first illustration on Illustrator. I have to say, I never thought it would’ve been such a pain in the arse to create and after many errors on my part (and the occasional crash for good measure), I’m happy where this small tutorial piece turned out; I also learned illustrator is a great piece of software and to this date after using it more casually for some of my own university projects, I should really see what this graphic tablet hype is all about!

[EDIT: Looking back at older blog posts, I remembered I originally set out with 4 Pokemon, each spelling out a letter of my name. I’ll post the rest later in the various stages I left them but I’m officially done with this side project now]

First Character Shaded!

Image of final 'Absol Y' version

Final ‘Absol Y’ Version

Translating Pen to Digital Line Drawing

RYAN (preview)

After slaving away a couple of hours on Illustrator I have created a vector line drawing of my 4 Pokémon letter-shaped characters which I feel are looking great, especially for a Illustrator newbie. However it feels like my journey has just begun (and the watching of YouTube Tutorials) where I need to vary my line thickness up so the characters don’t look so flat and 2-demisional but more importantly, attempt to emphasis the letter they’re trying to convey. I also need to look at adding colour and shading but I’ll leave that for next time. Here’s what I came up with today on Illustrator (spells out “Ryan”).

WordPress Custom Header Characters!

Having played way too much Pokémon X lately, as well as my work on my recent typography introductory project I have been inspired to do something which integrates both aspects while attempting to give my blog a sense of individuality; therefore I decided, at least for now I would re-design my blog header. The layout of my blog is still been decided however I have made a series of drawings of different Pokémon in the shapes of letters (which conveniently spell out my first name, “Ryan”) although again, how they’re going to be used and integrated is still in the state of progression. I do plan to digitally recreate these images through Illustrator, a medium I’m currently planning to use to make the header (maybe Photoshop as well). This will give me a further opportunity to ‘play’ with Illustrator and further my understanding of it (especially colouring and shading). Without further or do, here are my current designs: